What is a MetaObject Protocol?

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:46:23 +0100

On Mon, Oct 26, 1998 at 10:50:52PM -0500, dufrp@oricom.ca wrote:
> I should be able to read papers about that but it is not easy because I have
> very few ressources. I have no Postscript printer near, and I have lots of
> problems with Ghostscript and Acrobat readers (missing fonts, text not
> showing, wrong file version, etc.)
Well,
  I recommend you install debian Linux, that allows for custom installations
that do not occupy more resources than needed.
The Ghostscript 5.10 interpreter and fonts take less than 9MB of disk space.
Try add gv (421Kb) and an X server (there used to be fully usable linux+X
installs in 8 floppies). Ghostscript also exists for FreeDOS.
   Note that it is possible to get quite a decent Linux box for < USD$1000.

Hope this helps,

## Faré | VN: Уng-Vû Bân   | Join the TUNES project!  http://www.tunes.org/ ##
## FR: François-René Rideau |    TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System     ##
## Reflection&Cybernethics  | Project for a Free Reflective Computing System ##
I do agree to pay for the *opportunity* to read a book or use a program;
I do not agree to pay for the *right* to do so.
		-- Faré