Tunes OS review update

Tom Novelli tcn@clarityconnect.com
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:44:01 -0400

On Sat, Aug 14, 1999 at 02:47:39PM +0200, Emmanuel Marty wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This is just to announce that the OS review has been
> updated; no major breakthrough in presentation, but new links,
> a new "dead projects" section as an attempt not to pollute the
> actually alive ones :), and a lot of new links.

I like that.. you're net getting our hopes up about some OS, only to find
it's dead. :)

> This will really need a database of sorts sometime..
>
> URL is obviously still http://www.tunes.org/Review/OSes.html

Hey, I'll keep that in mind while I'm checking out *nix database systems.
Now that I'm doing databases quite a bit at work, this looks easy.  Maybe we
could use Postgresql with a CGI script for searching/browsing, with
maintenance directly through Postgresql.

Is a database really necessary though?  What can you do with one that you
can't do without one?

--
Tom Novelli <tcn@tunes.org>
http://bespin.tunes.org/~tcn