What should I do about Arrow and Tunes?

David Jeske jeske@home.chat.net
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:06:10 -0800

On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 10:52:00PM +0100, Thomas M. Farrelly wrote:
> Brian, you may think that once you get some part of your arrow system up
> and running, you'll just post it to this group, and people say "Gee,
> what a greate system, let's use it for tunes !!!". A few months back, I
> posted an interpreter to a few members, including you, and there were
> close to no replies - no discussion. This system, TML\TOOL, features
> _total_reflection_ in the simplistic wrapping of true OO, with all the
> shit and possiblilities so well required by TUNES, but still it got less
> attention than you're parents at a stones concert. What is wrong with
> people here? Are we, like, working on something or what?

I'm still trying to figure out your TOOL stuff. You have written no
documentation, and only provided one small implementation.

Despite what some people thing, Tunesers are _not_ omnipotent. If you
think you have something good, you need to explain in concrete terms
why you think it's good, help people understand how to use it, and see
where it leads.

If someone delivered a time machine to my house with no instruction
manual, I would probably mistake it for junk or turn it into an end
table, not recognize it as a time machine.

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net