Persistance

Alaric Williams alaric@alaric-williams.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 18:01:43 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Thomas M. Farrelly wrote:

> HOW, this mechanism is implemented and used is immaterial. I don't see how
> choosing this mechanism has anything to do with designing TUNES. Surely, you
> can imagine that in some cases one mechansim works and in other cases
> another one works - 'save', 'close', 'update', whatever.

"Commit" - transactional semantics are great, and allow us to make some
kind of promise to the user about keeping documents consistent and the
like...

ABW

	Almost three thousand years ago, I was on the comittee
	who designed Christianity... but it took us nine hundred
	years to get it past the risk assessment subcomittee :-(