open source, xanadu, persistence and other things (was: Udanax ?)

shapj@us.ibm.com shapj@us.ibm.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:20:15 -0400

>If you have a version 2b7 and you modify it, then you have 2b8. If
>another person makes a change to 2b7, they will create 2b7a1...
>...If each user is connected to a different server, then
>both will create different versions labeled 2b8, right? This is
>the kind of thing I am trying to solve.

It's not a problem.  The labeling of versions is an artifact of the user
interface.  Internally, the versions are distinguishable and unconfused.  I
think you are confusing the labels for the versions.

Jonathan S. Shapiro, Ph. D.
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
Email: shapj@us.ibm.com
Phone: +1 914 784 7085  (Tieline: 863)