I need a message-goto object language

Al Snell alaric@alaric-snell.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:53:34 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Paul Dufresne wrote:

> But now it seems hard to program in a true programming language, because
> normally, calling a method
> suppose that the data-flow will come back, and I did not make this
> assertion in doing my flowcharts.

One word: Continuations

Another (3) word(s): Finite state machine

I have found that many algorithms are better expressed as a control flow
diagram, state machine style, than as a "tree structured" procedure/method
call graph.

I am researching into nice programming language constructs for expressing
this.

You're not the only one who thinks it's a good idea.

Network protocol implementations, especially, are good for this...

ABS

--

    http://RF.Cx/
  http://www.alaric-snell.com/