Tranlsations of Your Site

Rafael Kaufmann rnedal@olimpo.com.br
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:09:45 -0200

Shayne Kasai wrote:

> To my understanding babelfish does an "okay" job

To my experience, it does not (unfortunately, too). For example, here's
some of the Tunes index page's text in its original form:

> The TUNES Project for a Reflective Computing System
>
> <Imagine a spiffy logo here>
>
> Tunes is a Useful, Nevertheless Expedient System
>
> First off, you should read these warnings if you haven't yet, particularly the Copyright issues.
> Then, proceed to the FAQ.

> TUNES News headlines
>
> Updated Mailing List Archives (2000/10/28 -dem)
> All list archives hosted on tunes.org are now available in entirety from Lists.TUNES.Org. They are not searchable yet, but I'll be working on providing searching for the entire site including list archives.
>
> The Collaboration page has been updated to reflect the new list interface.
>
> Old news available.

Then here it is, translated into Portuguese (very poorly):

> O projeto dos TUNES para um sistema computando reflexivo
>
> < Imagine um logo spiffy aqui >
>
> Os tunes são um sistema útil, não obstante expediente
>
> Primeiramente fora, você deve ler estes avisos se você não tiver ainda, particularmente o copyright emite .
> Então, prosiga ao FAQ .
>
> Headlines da notícia dos TUNES
>
> Arquivos updated da lista enviar (2000/10/28 - dem)
> Todos os arquivos da lista hospedados em tunes.org estão agora disponíveis na totalidade de Lists.TUNES.Org . Não são searchable ainda, mas eu estarei trabalhando em fornecer procurarar pelo local inteiro including arquivos da lista.
>
> A página da colaboração foi atualizada para refletir a relação nova da lista.
>
> Notícia velha disponível.

And here it is, translated _back_ into English:

> The design of the TUNES for a system computing reflective
>
> < Imagine one soon spiffy here >
>
> Tunes is a useful system, not obstante expedient
>
> First it are, you must read these acknowledgments if you it will still not have, particularly copyright emits. Then, it profollows to the FAQ.
>
> Headlines of the notice of the TUNES
> Archives updated of the stack to send (2000/10/28 - they dem)
> All the housed archives of the stack in tunes.org are now available in the totality of Lists.TUNES.Org. They are not searchable still, but I will be working in supplying to procurarar for the entire place including archives of the stack.
>
> The page of the contribution was brought up to date to reflect the relation new of the stack.
>
> Available old notice.

Can you say "eek"?

-- Kaufmann

"Every man is as God made him, yes, and often worse." - Miguel de Cervantes