A week from today, Arrows

RE01 Rice Brian T. EM2 BRice@vinson.navy.mil
Wed Mar 14 22:58:01 2001

Hello all,
I've been away from the net and far too busy with work these last 6 weeks.
Anyway, I have been working extensively on the arrows-in-squeak code and
will have a really useful system for you that is 50% of what you would
expect of an alpha programming language interpreter release. The most
important parts are being finalized right now and demonstrate nearly
everything I've mentioned on this list and in the philosophy paper. The one
thing that still will be unfinished in a week is the equational laziness of
evaluation being available, which I must get the p
rolog-in-squeak application to help in working out the details quickly.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to keep you up to date on this. What I
will be releasing will be changesets, which will show the development
process I went through as well as allowing you to load in an initialized
arrow world into a squeak image. I will also release a squeak project and an
example image with the code loaded in for those who are unfamiliar with
squeak apps to get familiar with the interesting aspects of the code and its
potnetial usage quickly.

In case you are wondering, I am going to use a lot of the architectural
patterns in the arrows code in a slate system whenever I am satisfied with
my own plans for it.

Also, I have a 3 week vacation for devoting to my coding and improvement of
my writings, which are far overdue to be updated to my current state of
knowledge and research. Of course, they also need to be more clear, and I
will pay close attention to that.

Believe it when you see it, of course. :)
But I will make sure you see it.
~