More noise

Mario Blazevic mblazevic@omnimark.com
Mon Jan 7 14:49:02 2002

	Ok, you asked for it. Here's a paper on a small language of mine called
GENS that might have something useful to offer to Tunes. Go to the
following URL, the paper starts on the page 97 of the MPOOL 2001 wokshop
proceedings:

http://www.fz-juelich.de/nic-series/Volume7/Volume7.html

	The language has some similarities with Arrow, in my opinion. It's based
on environments, though, instead of "arrows". An environment is a
mapping from labels to expressions, and can be thought of as a set of
arrows. It turns out that this one construct can be very expressive. The
main thrust of the project (and my master's thesis) was to demonstrate
that environments can be used as a multiparadigm programming language,
which is out of the scope of Tunes, I believe. But still, I'd like to
know if anybody else finds the idea interesting. And I'm especially
curious about relationship between arrows and environments.