TUNES

Francois-Rene Rideau Francois-Rene Rideau <fare@tunes.org>
Fri Jan 11 17:53:01 2002

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 02:17:24AM +0100, Björnke von Gierke wrote:
> My app only has a "Reply to all Sender" function. It adds "Bcc:
> Tunes@tunes.org" to the mail header, so the originator of the mail will
> get the mail personally, AND over the Group. Very annoying...
Should be a Cc: - and usually the sender doesn't mind receiving a copy
(he might be unsubscribed to the list), plus you can remove him manually
from the destinations, if you know for sure he's subscribed.

>> if you're willing to write a system that adds features for other
>> browsers without sacrificing compatibility [with CLI browsers] *snip*
> Well, thats quiet simple with an intro-page, which has a link for [...]
Just do it - you seem to know better about it than I, anyway.
If you don't have write access to the CVS yet, just fill in the
membership form and ask an account to root@bespin.org.

>> Maybe have a short answer in larger size and a longer answer in small
>> size, for every question?
> A FAQ should only give simple clue about the FAQ-ed term, IMHO.
> As a reader, I would expect the FAQ to contain short info on where the
> project came from, what it is, short roadmaps, targets and methods
> (etc.). All very short but with links to the adequate information in the
> documentation. I.E. the targets part of the FAQ could explain the
> general target, the quintessence but also contain links to the examples,
> the HLL-project or/and the "Why a new OS?" article...

The problem being here that we lack coherent documentation outside of
the FAQ, that the FAQ could point to. In absence of it, a two-sized FAQ
might do. If linuxdoc-sgml can't handle it, we might migrate to HeVeA
or to TeX2page.

> Listener? well ok it crunches strings... does it understand sentences?
Not unless you teach it too.
Begin simple, elaborate as you go, refactor the simple thing afterwards.
Be ready to see your code refactored, knowing that since the code AND
the execution environment in which it was successfully run are versioned,
so that you will be able to run your old code despite incompatible new
refactorings, evolutions, modifications.

> Or do you mean string as in "long" ?
I mean "string" as in source code that you can evaluate incrementally,
input from primitive but standard means of communication such as
text file editors, line editors, raw terminal input, etc.

Yours freely,

Is eating the flesh around one's nails to be considered as anthropophagy,
and does it qualify one for eternal damnation to burn in hell?