Slate implementation in progress

Brian Rice water@tunes.org
Mon Mar 18 12:50:02 2002

Hi all,
I have a small amount of source code accumulating towards a complete
Slate interpreter, using Common Lisp, posted at
http://slate.tunes.org/src/. It's all really generic
CLTL2-compatible, although I've been considering using PROVIDE and
REQUIRE instead of the dreaded package system, so it's very portable.

At any rate, you can see some comments and the overall structure of
the algorithms. If anyone has any questions or comments, please make
them.

My best estimate for reaching a usable release is that another week
or two should be enough. After that, it will reach a beta state, and
I will accept bug reports and feature suggestions. I see no need to
use CVS until there is actual concurrent development, and even then
I'd prefer something lisp-based or PRCS.

Thanks,
~