Clarifying the site's position

Alaric B. Snell alaric@alaric-snell.com
Fri Apr 25 01:30:02 2003

On Thursday 24 April 2003 19:33, Michael Conrad wrote:

> I see benefits and pitfalls in both directions...  Thoughts?

My approach with Argon has been to choose a handy naming scheme (the periodic
table) and then to proceed to name bits of it from that.

Thus, Chrome the language, Mercury the networky communicationy bit, Tungsten
the distributed data storage bit, Wolfram the distributed app toolkit
(y'know, network locking and that lot), etc.

This has made it easy for me to discuss such topics as implementing Mercury
for Java...

> -Michael Conrad

ABS

--