Clarifying the site's position

Jaap Weel weel@caltech.edu
Fri Apr 25 11:22:02 2003

> Thus, Chrome the language, Mercury the networky communicationy bit,
> Tungsten
> the distributed data storage bit, Wolfram the distributed app toolkit
> (y'know, network locking and that lot), etc.

Hmmm... sounds like a productive naming scheme, but keep in mind that
there exists a Big Evil Corporation by the name of Wolfram Research
that sells a symbolic maths package called Mathematica. Its CEO, Steven
Wolfram, has been known in the past to sue people over everything, and
I would not be amazed if they would be less than friendly to you if
they figured out you called a software package "Wolfram".

Jaap Weel
Caltech '05, Physics

weel@caltech.edu	www.its.caltech.edu/~weel 	(626) 795-9748
Campus: Caltech MSC #874, Pasadena, CA 91126, U.S.A.
Permanent: Kelderstraat 2-4, 6171 GB Stein, The Netherlands