What I've learned so far...

Massimo Dentico m.dentico@virgilio.it
Sat Mar 22 16:59:02 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 18:26:13 -0800, Tom Novelli <tom@tunes.org> wrote:

> I wrote up something about my work with Forth and Retro, why I'm not
> working on it anymore, and of course, various implications for TUNES.
>
> http://bespin.org/~tom/writings/retro.conclusions.txt
>
> I can be pretty skeptical of TUNES at times.  I'd be happy enough with a
> slightly improved Unix system.  You guys have some pretty far-fetched
> ideas, but at the core there's something that may be possible, even
> practical, if it's done right.  Maybe I'll get around to studying all
> that obscure math
> and logic sometime; meanwhile I don't have the time or the knowledge to
> offer much help beyond practical guidance.

In responding to a comment by Jeff Cutsinger, alias Seaslug, about your
paper
I have written a rebuttal regarding the supposed inherent slowness of Forth
wrt C.

This is probably of general interest so I post the link here:

  http://cliki.tunes.org/Forth%20is%20NOT%20intrinsically%20slow

Regards.

--
Massimo Dentico