What I've learned so far...

Brian T Rice water@tunes.org
Sun Mar 23 19:31:02 2003

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Tom Novelli wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:58:15AM +0100, Massimo Dentico wrote:
>
> I stand by my conclusion.  C translates directly to Forth, but some really
> easy optimizations are done in the process.  Types make this possible, and
> infix syntax helps a little also.  For an equal effort, C is faster.  It's
> also easier to read and maintain.  I won't be drawn into a holy war.  I'm
> just saying Forth has no place in Tunes.

Just so things are technically clear, would you say that "infix"ity is not
the exact technically enabling feature so much as it is being able to
deduce function arity from the source code? This seems to be what you're
referring to, since Lisp would have the same quality and is not infix
(except for keyword arguments, which basically "look" infix).

--
Brian T. Rice
LOGOS Research and Development