Typing messages on this list

Lynn H. Maxson Lynn H. Maxson" <lmaxson@pacbell.net
Fri May 30 17:29:02 2003

 Fran=87ois-Ren=82  VB Rideau writes:
"Anyway, inasmuch as this discussion is about reviewing
known techniques, it ought to be done on Cliki.Tunes.Org
instead of this mailing-list. ..."

Brian T. Rice (waters) writes:
"May I re-interpret "we need a language" as a call for HLL
definition?
There are certainly a lot of misconceptions among today's
posters.  Certainly the designs in
http://tunes.org/HLL/architecture.html should explain that
we're not talking about a single language, but something more
akin to a network. ..."

Ah, I can see it's time to return to lurker mode.<g>  Consider
me properly chastised.  In seeing some signs of intelligent life
in the universe I allowed seeing a spark to override my
common sense of the fate of previous attempts.<g>

In departing I would remind all that even a "contract" engages
in matching a solution set to a problem set.  Normally one
needs offer no more in a solution set than exists in the
problem set.  You can resort to esoterics or higher level
abstracts, but redefining the problem set in terms of the
solution set marks a reversal of reality.  KISS and Occam's
Razor says that if we have one language which describes the
problem set completely, we need no more than one other for
the solution set.  We should have as close a match as possible
between the expressions of one to that of the other.

Enough.  Back to lurker mode.