CTO down again.

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Sat May 15 14:15:28 PDT 2004

On May 15, 2004, at 1:41 PM, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:

> I think it's a problem with araneida being too prone
> to jumping into the debugger instead of just ignoring failures
> in HTTP transaction.

That should be pretty much the fix needed. I'm not sure any more how or
where to go about doing this for Araneida, so if it's not immediately
obvious, just bounce this back to Dan Barlow and see what he thinks.
His usual recommendation is to run it behind apache to filter out the
nonsense, which we can do, but really shouldn't be necessary. (I like
reminding him that it /does/ run quite well without a proxy, and maybe
just such a patch would make it perfectly obvious why.)

> (And yes, I sometimes forget to leave my attachtty sessions.
> I suppose you can kill the attachtty, or maybe attachtty again
> and detachtty will close connection to the previous attachtty.)

Actually, attachtty just does that for you, which may be a little hairy
if someone's actively working in it already, but looking at the process
table lets one know quickly enough whether that's the case (and I
needed to do that to see what socket to grab).

Incidentally, all I did was to attach and poke around, eventually just
hitting ^C to break out of the debugger. Pretty simple, really, which
is why a handler should be simple and worthwhile.

--
Brian T. Rice
LOGOS Research and Development