tunes todo list for february 2005

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Sat Apr 2 19:51:58 PST 2005

On Apr 2, 2005, at 7:38 PM, Steven Shaw wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2005 11:40 AM, Brian Rice <water at tunes.org> wrote:
>> I'm getting to the interesting bits finally with Slate, so honestly
>> I'm
>> just going to put my effort into that. But I'd like to encourage
>> people
>> to work with Lambda the Ultimate's crowd and others in the wider
>> language community to get the ideas out there (without explicit
>> rhetoric; I consider that damaging) and promote projects which push
>> the
>> state of the art in TUNES' general direction.
>
> What do you mean "without explicit rhetoric"? What's the meaning of
> rhetoric in this context (I looked it up and came up with "effective
> speaking/writing and verbal communication" which don't seem
> applicable).

I'm referring to the specific TUNES doctrine and politics as espoused
by Fare, as well as specific mentions of TUNES itself when there are
other resources available which explain the same notion. In other
words, don't wrap up the whole idea (which is huge) into the
explanation of one improvement or a general direction to encourage for
a project.

--
Brian T. Rice
LOGOS Research and Development