tunes todo list for february 2005

Thomas Novelli tnovelli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 21:22:55 PST 2005

How much work do you really want to put into this?  Looking at
tunes.org I'd say it's been comatose for 2 years, and meanwhile it's
become somewhat irrelevant because recent developments are right in
line with our goals.  I mean, just because of Firefox and Gmail, I
don't have much to complain about with computers anymore.
Cross-platform and open-source is becoming the norm.  Something
equivalent to TUNES is just a matter of time.

I think we could speed up the process by taking the best and most
popular software/hardware and identifying ways to improve it, to
integrate it and simplify it within reason.  We can't do it all
ourselves, but we can communicate these ideas to people in the
industry/community who are in a position to accomplish something.
Eventually things should settle out... that's the time to attempt the
"grand unification"... Of course you want to be ready for it... keep
up the basic research... just bear in mind that academic stuff alone
isn't going to have much impact in the wider world... I mean, what if
there's someone out there who could bring all this to fruition, but he
hates reading?

 - Tom