Newbie

Keith Poole keith.poole at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:13:05 PDT 2007

I didn't realise this project had been going on for so long :)  These
days a good website is vital - one that changes on a regular basis to
show things are happening.

I'd really like to see some information on what people see as the
direction Tunes will be going in - the parts of the website I've found
so far sound interesting, but seeing more concrete details would be
nice.  If I can help with the organisation, let me know.  Just to fill
you in on my background I've been a developer for over 20 years and have
had worked on everything from assembler language (mainframes,
minicomputers and various microcomputers), through Unix development to
Java.  I'd really like to see something more useful - in those 20 years
I don't think operating systems have changed much, just added
eye-candy,  that's one of the reasons I'm so interested in the Tunes
project.  I think we do need a new direction in computing environments
rather than just another Unix clone.

Keith

Oh, and if you're organising meetings, Europe would be much better for me ;)