[unios] Re: reading

Pat Wendorf beholder@ican.net
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:05:56 -0500

From: Pat Wendorf <beholder@ican.net>

> I would suggest you all read the papers you
> can find about the Flux project of CMU at
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/projects/flux.

Seems interesting, although geared as a server, and I may be wrong, but they
don't talk about consistent interface or anything that makes an OS useable.
Actually it seems very academic.  Lots of useful information though, but I
hate PS documents... there is no good PS viewer in Win environment that I
know of.

However the information looks good enough to justify installing Linux to look
at it :)

> Lets you know what systems are already being designed and implemented in
> the world.

Why don't you summarize what you think would be the best model.  This would
help us all understand where you are coming from, and why you think that way.

--
Pat Wendorf