[unios] Re: reading

Pat Wendorf beholder@ican.net
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:44:14 -0500

From: Pat Wendorf <beholder@ican.net>

> They are the guys who implemented Mach years ago.
> (two of the articles are also on my site in plain, not-zipped pdf format:
>  http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~pdumon/fluke.pdf
>  and http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~pdumon/inherit.pdf
>  but they are 500K each (not-zipped), more for my own use)

Fluke nestors sound like objects, but not quite... There also is a lack of
hardware abstraction in the main system, but I guess it's more of a new
concept.  But the scheduling model from the other document sounds
interesting.  I notice a lot of our own ideas are mirrored elsewhere, but not
exactly the same way, but very similar... and I can say that with certainty,
because I've never read these documents :)

Pieter:  Do you have any good documents on Posix? I'd like to read more on
that standard.
--
Pat Wendorf