[unios] Re: IPC in the current OO model

Alan Grimes ogrimes@bellatlantic.net
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 22:20:12 -0800

From: Alan Grimes <ogrimes@bellatlantic.net>

> I've had many people offer to join their OS projects to our (or ours to there's).
> Tril may find this funny... when I first started, I was told (by a big Tunes fan)
> to drop my project entirely, and give up because Tunes was the exact same thing,
> and I'd only be wasting my time, and the time of people who think this was going
> to work :)  That was my only real criticism to the project, ever. I am open to
> joining, but not changing to another project ideal/goal.  I am a flexible person,
> but I don't want to go so far as to scrutinize the ideals UniOS represents.  "A
> Better OS for everyone"
>
> But then again, everyone who is a member *IS* UniOS. If the ideal must change, >and the whole concept of UniOS is not accepted in a group accepted merger, then so >be it :)

He suggested a merger because our ideals have much in common. My intention in
writing my OS is to create a system that can suitably manage the resources of
all computers and therefore support all applications and by another extension
all kinds of people. :)
	By the way about a week ago I directed my small little band of d00dz to join
your list cuz I'm too lame to set up my own. [Hi d00dz!]
	I have started a prototype of my OS, It will be ready once I have the
development tools I need. :| Meanwhile I will continue to leach off the
brainpower of this group. =P

--
I'm still waiting for [a better OS]. :)

I am the Red Team Captain at www.nanocomputer.org