[Unios] unios, a proposed shortcut

andpe161@student.liu.se andpe161@student.liu.se
Tue Jul 10 21:24:02 2001

It seems unclear to me what your agenda is=2E Do you want to convince the=

Freedows guys=2C or do you just send out a general plea for help=3F In no=

place do you mention UniOS - I suspect UniOS is not why you came here=2E

Indeed=2C creating the core of the OS is always an obstacle before more
interesting work can be done=2E Unless some existing codebase is employed=
=2E

However=2E UniOS does not focus on =22run=5Bning=5D any program from any =
other
os on any  machine=22=2E For that=2C existing OSes would du just fine=2C =
for
example Linux=2E Neither do we restrict our ambitions to =22a stable os t=
hat
we don=27t have to pay a lot of money for=22=2C or we would be all over s=
ome
of the existing promising open OSes=2E

No=2C the goals of UniOS and many other projects are much more lofty - to=

actually change the way computing is done and organized=2C to allow the
field of computing to continue moving forward and make computers a
magnitude more usable=2E This goal is not reachable with existing
codebases=2E At most it could simulate such a system=2E

/Anders Petersson